[SUPPORT] Plugin Instance Editor

@**SBCHO**can you post a video here? What would I see under what circumstances is crash happening, and full crash log. I tested in 4.22 and don’t get crash. The plugin for 4.22 and 4.23 have the same code.

Hi. I have some problems with your plug-in in editor.
After I edited within ‘pick instance mode’ and after editing click button again,engine shut down.
Also,after I created instances with your plug-in,and click save button of engine to save all,engine shut down too.
check it please

LoginId:4708066148c4a86f2ee2deac43b1cf4e
EpicAccountId:4cd32ce13d024f73af574dec90675c8b

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000238

UE4Editor_InstancePlugin!FInstancePluginEdMode::convertActorsInInstance_mesh_material() [d:\build++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\instanceplugin\source\instanceplugin\private\instancepluginedmode.cpp:256]
UE4Editor_InstancePlugin!FInstancePluginEdModeToolkit::changeButtonPickMode() [d:\build++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\instanceplugin\source\instanceplugin\private\instancepluginedmodetoolkit.cpp:1259]
UE4Editor_InstancePlugin!FInstancePluginEdModeToolkit::OnPickButton() [d:\build++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\instanceplugin\source\instanceplugin\private\instancepluginedmodetoolkit.cpp:1236]
UE4Editor_InstancePlugin!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,FInstancePluginEdModeToolkit,0,FReply __cdecl(void)>::Execute() [d:\rocketsync\4.24.0-10570792+++ue4+release-4.24\working\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:293]
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore
user32
user32
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

update 1.8: use BoundBox for clone actor now suppor ‘Consider Rotate of Actor’. This is useful for tile cloning.

@SBCHO I could not repeat the bug when pressing Ctrl + S, I will try later.

update 1.8.1 :
Added option ‘Offset as Additional Offset for BoundBox’
Bugfix: wrong Delta Transform in 4.25

4.25 crash!!!

plz,fix this~

LoginId:c4153633428aa703fc18898aa831d352
EpicAccountId:13f8824d688f4730b28734a24ea78091

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000230

UE4Editor_InstancePlugin!AActor::ForEachComponent_Internal<UInstancedStaticMeshComponent,0,0,<lambda_e308ab0bf3bb0d5ed686e20ace641d92> >() [D:\RocketSync\4.25.0-13144385+++UE4+Release-4.25\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework\Actor.h:2897]
UE4Editor_InstancePlugin!AActor::GetComponents<UInstancedStaticMeshComponent,TSizedDefaultAllocator<32> >() [D:\RocketSync\4.25.0-13144385+++UE4+Release-4.25\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework\Actor.h:3010]
UE4Editor_InstancePlugin!FInstancePluginEdMode::convertActorsInInstance_mesh_material() [D:\Build++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\InstancePlugin\Source\InstancePlugin\Private\InstancePluginEdMode.cpp:257]
UE4Editor_InstancePlugin!FInstancePluginEdModeToolkit::changeButtonPickMode() [D:\Build++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\InstancePlugin\Source\InstancePlugin\Private\InstancePluginEdModeToolkit.cpp:1259]
UE4Editor_InstancePlugin!FInstancePluginEdModeToolkit::OnPickButton() [D:\Build++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\InstancePlugin\Source\InstancePlugin\Private\InstancePluginEdModeToolkit.cpp:1236]
UE4Editor_InstancePlugin!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,FInstancePluginEdModeToolkit,0,FReply __cdecl(void)>::Execute() [D:\RocketSync\4.25.0-13144385+++UE4+Release-4.25\Working\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:298]
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
user32
user32
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

@BOKSFREE DOFARA what actions did you do before the crash? if you created a HISM component in C ++, try “Recreate Instances”, I would also advise not to have access to instances in the construction script

I need to know what actions you are doing. The best solution is to send me your actor so that I can test it or send me a video. how many HISM components are in your actor? I am not getting bugs

UPD: i couldnt cause an error but i will make some changes maybe they fix crash

Added Radial placement

Bugfix: The system actor (ASysActorInstanced class) from the plugin was available in the list of actors (for placement in the scene).
Bugfix: after “Recreate instance” Ctrl + Z was not available
Bugfix: after cloning an instance, moving it, exiting the “editing instance” mode and pressing Ctrl + Z, an actor was created that could not be deleted.
Other: in the system actor Static Mesh cannot be changed
Changes have been made that may prevent crash (however, I could not repeat the error that the user wrote about above).

Hi,
There is a missing function that I personally can’t do without : Making a square selection using Ctrl+ALT+LMB

1. the outline is not visible
  2. you can only select the instances that have been previously clicked on (and converted as static mesh under the hood?)

UE 4.25.3

I didn’t know about the existence of square selection :slight_smile: . Yes there is no support for square selection.
When I finish the new plugin I will think about what can be done for the Instance Plugin, if I cannot make a square selection I will make a button - Convert all Instances to Static Mesh and then they can be selected using square selection

Hi, any prevision on when the next update is coming? I’m waiting to convert all instances of the actor on the first click and then they can be selected by rectangular selection by Ctrl + ALT + LMB or other selection tool…

I think for 2 weeks, I’m waiting for 4.26, I want to update and send files for 4.26 at one time

UPD: no, before 2 weeks, in one evening I made 50% of the planned changes

@Award55555
Now you can use rectangular selection and convert on first click

Update 2.0
Added Angle Limit for Radial and other options
All instances are converted on the first click, this will simplify the selection of objects
Rectangle selection mode Ctrl + Shift + Alt + LMB as in standard mode
Delta Transform can be applied to selected components, not only to actors

Bugfix: Incorrect Delta Transform if the rotation angle is greater than 360

Current bug (4.23): Ctrl + Z does not work in Editing Instance mode after deleting non-instances.

2 Likes

Was this fixed for 4.27 ?

Still not fixed

:frowning: Can it be fixed ?

I still don’t know how to fix this bug, in a week I will rewrite some functions and maybe the bug will be fixed

1 Like