HCM - Brick Wall is the first product of a Highly Customizable Materials project that I have been working on for a long time. The HCM project is designed to create and customize materials commonly used in daily life. Wood flooring, fabric, pavement, asphalt etc. But now I’m here to show you the brick wall.
HCM - Brick Wall
HCM - Brick wall is a Highly Customizable and Procedural Material that allows you to design and create any brick wall you want. A dirty and damaged wall with graffiti on it, a nice loft apartment wall, a clean shinny painted wall, a castle wall from 14th century… You can control every detail and create brick wall you have in mind with the over 350 parameters. You can bake brick material you created with Material Baker as PBR Textures and use it on any platform you want.
- Procedural methods for creating bricks.
- Custom map support for every feature.
- Detailed texture customization and UVs manipulation.
- Mixer allows you to customize the bond material on your wall. A clean wall completely covered with plaster or an old wall partially damaged.
- Wall Painter allows you to paint your wall as you like. You can use any RGB picture or you can paint the masks in 5 different colors.
- With the Custom Roughness you can adjust the roughness and specular of the brick wall surfaces in a very specific way.
- You can select your own PBR Textures for brick and bond surfaces from Map Selection.
- You can bake your brick material as PBR texture outputs with the Material Baker.
- Supports tessellation, vertex displacement, bump offset and parallax occlusion mapping.
- Supports vertex painting.
Number of Master Materials: 2
Material Instances: 325
Number of Textures: 160
Texture Resolutions: 8192 (15), 4096 (124), 2048 (13), 1024 (5), 512 (3)
Supported Development Platforms: Windows 64-bit
Detailed content list:
- 2 map. BrickWallWorkshop scene where you can browse all material instances and MaterialBaker scene allows you to bake your brick wall without any quality loss and to export PBR texture outputs up to 8192 resolution.
- 5 Blueprint. 2 lighting with small customizations, Interior Walls where you can see and change materials, Material Baker that allows you to bake your material as PBR textures and Light Vector for parallax occlusion mapping.
- 2 Master Material. One is the main material which all brick walls are created from. The other is an ordinary material which you can create simple material with textures you export.
- 289 Material Instance. 50 of them are unique, 248 of them contain minor differences, 2 of them are created using Map Exporter, 23 of them are prepared for tutorial purposes.
- 22 Material Function.
- 41 Static Mesh. 39 of them are for the scene you see in the images. One is a high-poly box for the display of materials.
- 14 Brick Type and they normal maps.
- 5 concrete and 5 plaster PBR textures (albedo, specular, roughness, normal, ambient occlusion)
- 2 exported brick wall PBR textures. If you want to see how well the Material Baker works you can check them out.
- 33 Paint Mask. Each mask can be painted in 5 different colors or some of them can be used with their own colors.
- 9 Generic Map. Can be used many different ways. Painting, damaging, covering whole wall with plaster etc.
- 5 Stucco Type and normal maps.
- The models in the Workshop map are demonstration only. They are may not suitable for other purposes.
- Material Baker support albedo, specular, roughness, normal, ambient occlusion and height map. There is a special blueprint setup for this feature. If you try to bake another material except brick wall, it won’t work.
- Each parameter, setting and option has a short description in the editor.
- v1.0.5 - Updated October 30th 2019
- v1.1.0 - Updated March 19th 2020
- v1.1.5 - Updated August 28th 2020
- v1.3.0 - Updated April 28th 2021
- v1.3.2 - Updated November 22th 2021