Added: I solved this problem below. In ability blueprint (BP_Ability_MoveAttack) check grid manager based on name of blue print, but If I duplicated grid manager, then name of blueprint is changed. and result of check is changed, then problem happens. I had to change that name of blueprint in check node.
It was very tough rollercoaster. wheeew. At now, no problem!!! I will keep going to make fog of war based on latest version of ATBTT!
I was scared very much by this problem. So I spent some time looking for a solution to a similar problem. And… I got these XD!!!
If I duplicate example level and BP_GridManager_Hex, and use them, then the move hover marker apeared as square, not hex.
- I duplicated Example Level. Name of new level is “DuplicateTestMap”
- I duplicated BP_GridManager_Hex. Name of new BP is “BP_GridManager_HexDuplicated”
- I opened the level “DuplicateTestMap”
- I deleted old grid manager “BP_GridManager_Hex”
- I added duplicated grid manager, “BP_GridManager_HexDuplicated” into level.
- Select All of units, tiles, and walls, and unset and set “Auto Grid Placeent”, So they can reference new grid manager, and they can get new grid index from grid manager. (sometimes, I just move them little on gird for this.)
- then, move marker apeared is blue square, as you see that screenshot. This looks “SM_Marker_Move”, not “SM_Marker_Move_Hex”.
But, value of “Default move marker” of grid manager, is set as “SM_Marker_Move_Hex”, as you can see in that screenshot.
This is latest version of ATBTT, with Unreal Engine 4.23. So, You can reproduce this very easy.
Is there Something I forgot or missed? I’m looking BP_Ability_MoveAttack now, but there is something confusing. If this is more clearer, I will post here agian.
I suspect this, too. I experience something like this link said:
But, I made that grid manager with “duplicate”, not with “making child”.
I suspected - some kind of problem by SVN version control system. Because, sometimes SVN prohibit writing, so unpredicted problem happens.
But, I tested this by creating new project without version control system. In this case, problem was happened again. so, SVN is not cause.
- If I use grid manager made through duplicating, in new level, same thing happens.
- If I make a child from BP_GridManager_Hex, same thing happens.
- When I change the value of “Default Move Marker Mesh” of grid manager, If that grid manager is child of BP_GridManager_Hex, or duplicated from BP_GridManager_Hex, then changed value is not applied. But, when I use just BP_GridManager_Hex, changed value of “Default Move Marker Mesh” is applied well.
- This problem seems some kind of bug of unreal engine, like that link that I said above. I want to cry. should I try another version of unreal engine?
I tryed with unreal engine verson 4.20. when I duplicate the BP_GridManager, It failed to compile, with ModifyBigUnitArrayByUnit function. but when I delete and remake node of ModifyBigUnitArrayByUnit, then it compiled well. but, after it, unit snapping on grid does not work. Shouldn’t I use the duplication and making child of blueprint?