[SUPPORT] Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit

New version of ATBTT is live! This update is a pretty big one. I’ve added two new systems to the toolkit, which are the Stats System and Event System. Note that both of these are still considered experimental and contained in example maps that don’t touch the main toolkit’s functionality.

The Event system I’ve brought over from my newest asset, the Roguelike Deckbuilder Toolkit. It is a more flexible and powerful version of UE4’s event dispatcher system, which will let blueprints bind to and call events either globally or tied to specific blueprints. It is extremely useful for creating complex, interdependent game rules.

The Stats System is a data driven and component based approach to Unit attributes, such as health, action points etc. as well as status effects. It lets all of these different types of attributes play by the same rules so that they can be modified by the same functions, but where each stat can also define their own behavior. It is something of a combination of the stats system in the Dungeon Crawler Toolkit and the Status system in the Roguelike Deckbuilder Toolkit.

The Strategy RPG map (previously called the HoMM map) has been updated to use both of these systems, to serve as an example for how they might be used. I have also made it fully replicated.

Below is a partial changelog. See [my Trello]( for a more complete list (under v.3.3)

v3.3 (live 07.01.22)

• New “Stats System”. Makes it easy to add and modify stats, status effects and traits. Data driven and component based. Are automatically replicated to Puppet.
  • Added custom “Event System”. Adapted from the Roguelike Deckbuilder Toolkit. Makes it easy to send and receive gameplay event for any blueprint.
  • Widget UI for displaying unit stats and attributes
  • Updated SRPG map (previously called HoMM map) with Stats system and Event system, to serve as an example map for these new features
  • Setting Unit properties through data
  • FIXED: Double abilities are spawned for loaded maps
  • FIXED: Double puppets are spawned in MP spawn map
  • FIXED: Actions weren’t always properly destroyed in networked games
  • FIXED: Crouching units would keep animate sliding forward after climbing a ladder
  • FIXED: Abilities with CanTargetSelf set to true and a range of 0 don’t work
  • FIXED: Active unit marker appeared briefly at times when it should not during puppet animation