Sunsky Sequencer Movie Queue

Hello everyone! I have set up a camera sequence that appears to work in the level, but when I go to render the movie only the materials which are animated change. I am trying to change the time of day using the Sunsky, which I have keyframed. I am not sure how to resolve this issue :frowning:

I don’t really know how to solve this, but I would try to add a level blueprint that forces the sun sky to update every half a second or whatever maximal time span works. This would be independent from the sequence. Just a loop that updates the sun sky constantly.

1 Like

I apologize as I am very new to Unreal, I understand what you mean though. How would you recommend I go about creating a loop that adds an integer every .5sec or so many ticks to the previous solar time?

This image shows the tick event. It increases the variable delta time every tick until 0.01 is reached. Then it increases the sunsky’s solar time by 0.001 and sets delta time back to zero. You have to play around with the 2 values until it works for you.

There are two functions involved. The images below show simplified version of them.

Get Sunsky looks for all sunsky actors. If it finds one then it takes it, casts to it and returns the values for day, month and solar time.

Set Sunsky sets the new time. It looks for all sunsky actors and sets the values for day, month, solar time for the first found sunsky.

This may look a bit over complicated but there was a reason I did it that way. I’m using a slider and a widget that shows the current values. But anyway - I think I remember that it didn’t work if I only set the solar time. I had to set day and month as well, even if they are always the same.

I hope that makes sense to you.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it :slight_smile: