Summerlight City - Oaken Studio

Hi everyone, I would like to share with you my last study in Unreal Engine 5.
I used this scene as a stress test, to verify until where the engine could go using lumen, nanite and very perfomant meshes. After 36km² of scattered buildings and video planes the engine kept displaying 120fps in the viewport as it was nothing, very impressive.

The building meshes are from Kitbash Neo Tokyo and Neo Tokyo II kits, for the vegetation I used the Quixel Megascans Norway Maple tree collection.

I had a lot of fun creating this scene, it was a great performance test.
Ready to create even bigger scenarios in a very near future.

You can find the animation here

You can find some images below:

You can find my Portfolio here and
Linkedin contact here

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

It kind of looks like stars - so pretty :smiley: How long did this take to create?

1 Like

Hi @PresumptivePanda, how has is been? It took me around 3 weeks, I’d say 30hs maybe.

1 Like

Such fast work! So cool :slight_smile: Do you plan on doing more with this city?

To be honest I got tempted on creating a simple jumping game, where the player would jump from tower to tower gathering check points before they would run out of time. The city would need to be even bigger, otherwise the players would see the gaps and holes I left here and there haha.

1 Like

Honestly, that sounds really unique and fun. If you end up deciding to try for it - be sure to @ me as you develop it. I’d be interested to watch as it was made :smiley: Until then, happy developing @FabioGC !

1 Like

Ahaha thanks! I’ll for sure let you know about it. Have a great one!

1 Like