Suggestion: Render Presets

Often times when I render large projects, it can take hours if I have hundreds (or thousands) of cams over a large surface. I would love to render things over night, but I can only do it one step at a time. I have to wait for the allignment to be done prior to rendering the mesh, then texturing, etc.

I would love to have a present where I can click a button, then it alligns all of my images > renders mesh (in predetermined detail) with the largest component > texturize > Colorize etc.

Additionally, you could edit these presets to do things like

Allign > (predetermined detail level) > simplify > clean model > texturize > colorize.

This would be very useful for some of the large projects that lots of time. This could be done over night and would not waste time constantly checking my PC to see the status of a model.

I am sure there are issues with this, the big one I see is if the allignment produces too many components, but I am sure there is a work around?

Hi, you could write a batch script to do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzWW-j6Zjqc or use the sequencer https://youtu.be/cZv_DKQMSVg?si=Cgml73TNH4Hu-uv6 or you can try using the start button RealityCapture Help

1 Like

I’ll test these out. Thank you!

No problem. Let me know how it goes. I think Sequencer is your best bet, as you can make your own buttons for different scenarios.

1 Like

Hey Wallace,

So I watched the sequencer a few times and honestly I am still confused on how exactly to do what I am hoping to do. Basically, I just want to High/Normal Detail > Simplify to 10K > Clean > Unwrap > texturize

Type this into the bottom of a console view and then hit the plus button.

-calculateNormalModel -simplify 10000 -cleanModel -unwrap -calculateTexture

Then give your sequence a name, and now you should have a button of the same name, in the sequence section of the workflow tab.

High detail would be just:

-calculateHighModel -simplify 10000 -cleanModel -unwrap -calculateTexture

You can find all of the commands here

You will see that some commands have both required and optional parameters, unwrap for example has an optional parameter to use an XML with your settings:

If you want to make an XML for an unwrap just set the settings you want in the unwrap tool and hit this button:

save it wherever you like, then you need to put an absolute path too it after the command, you can use [ctrl + enter] to browse to the path.