Sudden problem with metahuman plugin or mdoules

Today I ran into a problem in whatever projects in which I use Metahuman assets, that the project can not be opened because a Metahuman plugin, or module (depending on the unreal version)

Previously had no issues with these projects.

I got this error in 5.8, I get the message it cannot load metaHumanBodyTracker (I could not get the message…) any time I tried to open the project. I removed the version and re-installed it (using an updated version of the launcher and now I cannot open the project - it says it is built with an older version of Unreal ??? I made a copy, got the same error and removed the reference, and enabled all Metahuman plugins - it seems to work now.

First I checked on older versions, the same error occurs in a project in 5.6. In 5.5 I get the message: “This project requires the ‘MetaHuman’ plugin, which could not be found. Would you like to disable it and continue?”

I checked the project file of the 5.8 project and found this:

The original file contains a line EngineAssociation": “5.8”,
The copied file contains a line EngineAssociation": “{A864ABA8-4ED2-91AB-6BB8-2EAF6AE8B47E}”, wich does indeed refer to 5.8 binary

Additional information:

In 5.5, another plugin : FDFmancer, has the same problem: it can not be loaded and that means Unreal will not start. There is no option to disable that except editing the project file and removing the plugin. Now the version will start when Metahuman is disabled.

I installed update 26H2 prior to running Unreal, and today I learned that this update may contain changes that cause these plugins fail to load - the message mentions that it might be an OS issue. Since it seems unrelated to the Unreal version, this might be the cause.