I’ve recently run into some performance issues on Unreal Engine. I’ve just installed the free Kite Demo open world kit on my project and my performance has dropped drastically - to the point where it will no longer run reliably at all, and has started to crash frequently and randomly.
My specs are:
- CPU: 2.6 Ghz Intel Core i7 6700HQ (quad-core, 6MB cache, up to 3.5GHz with TurboBoost)
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB GDDR5 RAM), Intel HD Graphics 530
- RAM: 16GB (DDR4 2133 MHz)
- Storage: 256GB SSD; 1TB HDD (5,400 rpm)
- Optical drive: External USB DVD-RW
Not sure if I’ve done this right (I am new to owning a gaming PC), but any information on the matter would be greatly appreciated.