Successful Packaging but there is no .exe file to run?!

Hi There

A strange issue(?) occurs which I sure is due some wrong Project setting.(or something else?)

So the story:
Making tutorials.(I’m a beginner) When the final step has come - packaging Win64 - everything’s was okay. (Just both the Editor & the .exe file started SteamVR - ) :frowning:

1st time was no problem. There was an .exe file. Just I missed a node connect in the BluePrint (next level not loaded).

• I simply deleted the tutorial’s (packaged) folder.
  • I did uncheck the VR plugins. (Due the editor and the ‘1st time working’ .exe always opened SteamVR)
  • I connected the node to node in the BluePrint.

After the node fix i tried packaging again - Was no errors but 2 ‘red lines’. Packaging was Succesfull (Green confirmation) - but in the output directory there wasn’t any .exe file…?..! And also the packaging was so fast, around double fast. (maybe due to the unchecked VR plugins?)

I tried packaging a different tutorial project and it was good, it was working fine - the .exe was there -
Anybody ever had this kind of issue?.
Because the other project can be packaging without any problem I’m sure i did somewhere some missed click or something.

Maybe it’s not the Project settings?

Is any option/checkbox on or off anywhere which can cause this?

I tried all packaging setting - Develpoment / Development Client / Shipping / Shipping Client

Can be the Project Setting (If the issue is here) reset to default?

I’m clue less. It’s just so strange to me. I also added some screen shots here.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help solve this issue.

So i figured out how to fix this thanks to a post on this site which i found after searching similar issues.

Need to update the VisualStudio. Mine was (VS2017) missing a feature the GameDevelopment component.

After download it was upgraded to VS2019 (Need restart PC)

And on Project Settings / Build i choosed Always

ProjectLaunch’s Output Log Still shows the following errors but it can Packaging the game with a working .exe file.

So the Question is still open, but for now it’s just work. Feel free to anwser to fully solve the issue.

=======================================================================================

Running AutomationTool...
Parsing command line: -ScriptsForProject="C:/Users/Muri/Documents/Unreal Projects/CrystalCavenTutor/CrystalCavenTutor.uproject" BuildCookRun -project="C:/Users/Muri/Documents/Unreal Projects/CrystalCavenTutor/CrystalCavenTutor.uproject" -noP4 -clientconfig=Development -serverconfig=Development -nocompile -nocompileeditor -installed -ue4exe=UE4Editor-Cmd.exe -utf8output -platform=Win64 -targetplatform=Win64 -ini:Game:[/Script/UnrealEd.ProjectPackagingSettings]:BlueprintNativizationMethod=Disabled -cookonthefly -map= -compressed -stage -deploy -cmdline=" -Messaging" -device=WindowsNoEditor@DESKTOP-67FEF17 -addcmdline="-SessionId=7EF7C9E346BAA1D69C71F2B8BDD5E5D1 -SessionOwner='Muri' -SessionName='DESKTOP-67FEF17'  " -run
Setting up ProjectParams for C:\Users\Muri\Documents\Unreal Projects\CrystalCavenTutor\CrystalCavenTutor.uproject
********** COOK COMMAND STARTED **********
Running: C:\UE_4.20\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe "C:\Users\Muri\Documents\Unreal Projects\CrystalCavenTutor\CrystalCavenTutor.uproject" -run=cook -cookonthefly -unattended -CrashForUAT -log -abslog="C:\Users\Muri\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+UE_4.20\Server.log" -SessionId=7EF7C9E346BAA1D69C71F2B8BDD5E5D1 -SessionOwner="Muri" -SessionName="DESKTOP-67FEF17"
Waiting a few seconds for the server to start...
********** COOK COMMAND COMPLETED **********
********** STAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
Creating Staging Manifest...
Cleaning Stage Directory: C:\Users\Muri\Documents\Unreal Projects\CrystalCavenTutor\Saved\StagedBuilds\WindowsNoEditor
Copying NonUFSFiles to staging directory: C:\Users\Muri\Documents\Unreal Projects\CrystalCavenTutor\Saved\StagedBuilds\WindowsNoEditor
Copying DebugFiles to staging directory: C:\Users\Muri\Documents\Unreal Projects\CrystalCavenTutor\Saved\StagedBuilds\WindowsNoEditor
********** STAGE COMMAND COMPLETED **********
********** PACKAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
********** PACKAGE COMMAND COMPLETED **********
********** DEPLOY COMMAND STARTED **********
WARNING: Win64 does not implement Deploy...
********** DEPLOY COMMAND COMPLETED **********
********** RUN COMMAND STARTED **********
Waiting a few seconds for the server to start...
Starting Client....
ERROR: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Az index az engedélyezett tartományon kívül esett. Az index nem lehet negatív, és kisebbnek kell lennie a gyűjtemény méreténél.
       Paraméter neve: index
          a következő helyen: System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
          a következő helyen: System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
          a következő helyen: Project.SetupClientParams(List`1 DeployContextList, ProjectParams Params, String ClientLogFile, ERunOptions& ClientRunFlags, String& ClientApp, String& ClientCmdLine) hely: D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\RunProjectCommand.Automation.cs, sor: 633
          a következő helyen: Project.RunInternal(ProjectParams Params, String ServerLogFile, String ClientLogFile) hely: D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\RunProjectCommand.Automation.cs, sor: 173
          a következő helyen: Project.Run(ProjectParams Params) hely: D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\RunProjectCommand.Automation.cs, sor: 115
          a következő helyen: BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params) hely: D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs, sor: 224
          a következő helyen: BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild() hely: D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs, sor: 41
          a következő helyen: AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute() hely: D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\BuildCommand.cs, sor: 112
          a következő helyen: AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, Dictionary`2 Commands) hely: D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Automation.cs, sor: 562
          a következő helyen: AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] Arguments, StartupTraceListener StartupListener) hely: D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Automation.cs, sor: 532
          a következő helyen: AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(String[] Arguments, StartupTraceListener StartupListener) hely: D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs, sor: 174
          a következő helyen: AutomationTool.Program.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<Main>b__0() hely: D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs, sor: 100
          a következő helyen: AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`1 Main) hely: D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Utils.cs, sor: 725
          a következő helyen: AutomationTool.Program.Main() hely: D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs, sor: 100
       (see C:\Users\Muri\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+UE_4.20\Log.txt for full exception trace)
AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
BUILD FAILED

=======================================================================================