Subverision doesn't work in UE 5.4

The Moment UE 5.4 came out of preview I upgraded my Project from 5.3.2 to 5.4 but during startup of the project my revision control got into a loop pumping out error massages: “Could not check for deleted file. No connection to revision control available!”, until it eventually starts.

In editor it says on the bottom right of the screen with the green checkmark that it is connected, if I hover over it, it displays the correct connection settings an all, but the moment it tries to send a request to the server it changes to server unavailable, if I try to reenter my server settings and credentials it simply says that my server is unavailable and I should check my settings and believe me I did, if I then wait a bit it strangely changes back to connected (not true).

I tried recreating this in both UE 5.3 and 5.4 in a blank project, UE 5.3 no problem but in 5.4 same thing.

At this point I really don’t know what is I haven’t tried and I would really welcome some help

6 Likes

Hey @yelnif2000 — our team has reproduced this issue and is working on a fix in the engine. Thanks for reporting!

6 Likes

We are having the same issue with “TortoiseSVN Subversion”, in UE 5.4
It’s working in windows explorer but not in the Unrel editor.
(It just says failed to connect.)
We tested this from at least 4 different geograpical locations all experiencing the same error.

The error text:
“Failed to connect to revision control. Check your settings and connection then try again.”

1 Like

We’ve used Tortoise SVN for years and never knew Unreal had an editor plugin for it. :open_mouth:

1 Like

…How did you even survive without it? ^^,

3 Likes

We’re running into the exact same problem with the patched UE 5.4.1

Works fine on UE 5.3