Subtraction tool issues

Nope :slight_smile:

SM = Static mesh -> wont work with the subtractive tool (because it’s not a bsp)

what file do i find bsp brushes, would it be in shapes?

Here you can find them:

ive got it thanks for the help

Just seen your picture, that’s the thing that’s were i had clicked and drug them from

But both parts should be out of a geometry!! The subtractive part + the part from that something should be subtracted

Make sure there’s no double objects because it happened to me allot when I alt and move objects.

they both the subtraction brush and the additive brush are from the modes section and it is a box brush. Both were pulled from the same section that you pointed out in the image located earlier in this post. but i figured it out, I appreciate the assistance. and thanks for the heads up jedeergab

just so the answer is clear, it appears that I cannot take any piece off of something that has been built in the engine already. When I put in a random additive box brush that has just been put in and then use a subtraction brush to overlap it, it works just fine. weird

Glad you got all sorted out!

Hi, ive been havingthe same problem, fortunately i found a video that helps. Just switch your brush type from brush setting to subtractive.