Substrate - setting up a fuzz map

Hi. I’ve just recently learnt about Substrate materials. I thought I’d give it a try for my character and his clothing. I made a simple fuzz texture in Substance Painter and converted it into a mask, though I’m not sure if that’s what I’m supposed to do…? I’ve set the Slab to Cloth and I see Fuzz Color and Fuzz Amount. I’m presuming I need to plug the mask into Fuzz Amount…? Though that just shows white spots all over the clothing. Do I just add a Vector 3 colour to Fuzz Color and that’s it…? Because the surface still looks flat. Am I still missing something…?

Thanks

The fuzz is mostly about adding a fresnel glow at glancing angles, mimicking a real effect you can really strongly see with velvet. It’s also really common with cotton t-shirts and roughed up denim.

Yeah. But what’s the correct approach for setting it up? From making the texture, to exporting, to setting up in Unreal? And specifically with Substrate?