Substance Source Winter Collection in UE4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5LZECPm_HE

I was super excited when Allegorithmic Substance asked me to collaborate on their Winter Source Collection. We created this realtime video in a little over a week entirely in Unreal sequencer. I wrote a little bit about it here and will be doing a breakdown soon! I thought it was cool as a regular community member to be asked to give my view :slight_smile:

Substance Winter Collection

More on my Artstation

On seeing the collection I had a few exciting ideas I wanted to explore in Unreal. First, I wanted to show the artist’s journey as he or she opens and explores the pack. Secondly, I wanted to show the lightness, color and movement inherent in the collection.
Artists spend a lot of time experimenting! We often change our minds in the pursuit of beauty. You will see the fabric change shape, color and suggest the many different possibilities available. Time goes forward and backward in the video because, as an artist, I know it can be hard to settle on a final choice. Finally, the music has a snappy, pulsing, relentless beat - a bit like a loom weaving a new creation.

Here are a few stills from the scene, let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
Ronan