Substance Bitmap2Material 3 Now with PBR Support

Bitmap2Material is an incredibly powerful tool that helps you generate full, seamlessly tiling materials from any bitmap image, right within your favorite DCC tool and game engine. now includes all PBR (Physically-Based Rendering) channels, based on the most accurate conversion algorithm out there.

Bitmap2Material lets you extract all the possible maps from a single image: now with PBR channels such base color (or albedo), metallic, roughness but also normal, height, specular, curvature, AO etc. makes creating PBR maps for UE4 very easy.

• Easily obtain a metallic map from the image using simple tools, or an input mask. is essential when working in PBR.

• Control and adjust the finest details of your material thanks to the comprehensive set of parameters exposed by B2M. includes adjusting the generated roughness map, for PBR.

• Bitmap2Material provides the ability to make any material tile. You do not need to care anymore about making your photography tile, B2M takes care of it for you. You can chose between 2 modes of tiling: offset or splat.

Cheers,

v=MLM7TSiqzNk

YES!!! Oh looks awesome, thanks ! I have been meaning to ask when B2M was going to add in PBR support, so is great!

Just upgraded to version 3! :smiley:

Just “upgraded”. Can’t seem to figure out how to use it in UE4 though. Is it through the substance plugin?

Hello,

Yes, you need to download the Free substance plugin for UE4.

Then, you will have a plugins folder. You just drag into your UE4 project folder. You don’t need to install through the engine. Just add the plugins folder to your project and when you start the editor, you will be able to import the file as you would any asset. Just import through the content browser.

Cheers,

I’ve brought Bitmap2Material 3 commercial version. I’ve got the substance plugin but just can’t get it to work.

I’ve tried to add my own diffuse texture through the substance graph instance using the main input and tried to change the base color & even add my texture through the material editor to no results. I messed with the sliders through the input to see any difference but the texture remains the same.

I did a quick test with unity and it seems to work perfectly. So i’ve no idea what i am doing wrong.

Hi,

I’m sorry for inconvenience. We found a bug with the UE4 version. We are looking at having the fix available ASAP. Looks to be within 24 hours.

Cheers,

it tells me, the video is not available :frowning:

Hello,

You should be able to see the video on the Steam Store page.

Cheers,

Ah thanks, didn’t know you had a steam page, too. Yes that one worked as expected.

EDIT: But the Bmap2Material Walkthrough video on the steampage seems to be broken.

Can someone tell me how to import all(650) .material into the project folder? What the easiest way without importing window

and olso instant changing output size to 2048