Stuck on verifying process

Hello! My Unreal Engine installation got stuck on ‘verifying’ and it’s been like that for hours. I tried re-installing it with administrator privileges as well as temporarily disabling the antivirus but the problem still persists. I had to uninstall version 4.25.3 due to an ‘UnrealEnginePython’ error while setting up Bridge for Quixel plugin. It also stops with 4.25.4. I’ve had this problem before and eventually it fixed by itself, but not now. I appreciate the input and thanks for your time!

I had similar problems installed 4.25 - took ages and I killed it multiple times thinking it had locked.

Ended up leaving it to sort itself out overnight and eventually it installed.

Unreal is becoming a joke… Sorry but the files are less then a gb in size and are taking hours to install and verify… And without it games and programs using unreal crash. Enough is Enough… we shouldnt have pages of pages of similar problems, and not once have these fools tried to fix it, or respond. All they see is free money. I used to love unreal, but in the past 4-5 years the quality of the games, and apps are going down the drain.

I tend to agree. I can’t even get a project to save all my assets. Sometimes the launcher fails and needs to verify files again after I just did it. Why would it need to constantly verify? Seems like buggy software to me but I’m hoping it’s alll just user error.

Nothing has changed with the 5.0 install…same unnecessarily slow install as usual.

1 Like