Stuck in the submission process, help.

Hey folks,

I am trying to summit a code plugin to Unreal Marketplace, but it seems I am stuck somewhere in the middle of this process. The Epic marketplace team is telling me that they cannot compile my code on their end. They somehow end up in a compile error for generated code, which states “missing ;”. On my end I cannot reproduce the error and the whole packaging process succeeds. Double checking with Epic it seems I am not doing anything special during the build process. Simply calling the build-tool by cmd with my *.uplugin as input:

call “D:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.18\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\RunUAT.bat” BuildPlugin -Plugin="…/*.uplugin" -Package="%CD%%outputDir%\UE_4.18" -Rocket -targetplatforms=Win32+Win64

This is a somehow unfortunate situation as I can not reproduce this compile error. Did somone had the same experience before and may can tell me how to deal with it?

I have asked the Epic guy, if he could escalate the matter so I can get more help, but their has no response so for.

Cheers,
Tobs.

Hi,

after a little research I cam across an article describing how to configure the Unreal Build Tool via BuildConfiguration.xml.

After creating such config and enabling the bStrictConformanceMode I got a bunch of errors I had not seen without this flag set. Event I didn’t get exactly the same error’s Epic reported back to me, it might be enough to pass on their end as well if fixing these errors.

Next by is the BuildConfiguration.xml (placed in C:\Users<user>\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\UnrealBuildTool (on Windows))

<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8” ?>
<Configuration xmlns=“https://www.unrealengine.com/BuildConfiguration”>
<WindowsPlatform>
<Compiler>VisualStudio2017</Compiler>
<bStrictConformanceMode>true</bStrictConformanceMode>
</WindowsPlatform>
</Configuration>

Might help, who knows.

Cheers,
Tobs.