Stuck in 45% in Unreal Engine 4.12.5

Hi, everyone !

I have a notebook with Windows 10 64bits and he runs perfectly the Unreal Engine 4.10, but I installed the new version 4.12 to update my version of my game. So after installing the V4.12, and open the Unreal Editor, in the loading screen the editor stuck in 45% and doesn’t open the project.

I already uninstall and install the Unreal Engine 4.12 twice.

Thanks for the helping.

You’re right about the CPU at 100%, and shows me the ShaderCompilier.

Open the project in 20 minutes…

Thanks for the help !

Hi there,

The first time you try to open a new version of the editor it will re-compile all of the shaders and stall at 45% for some time. Depending how large your project is (and how fast your CPU is), it can take anywhere from 2 to 30 minutes to complete.

To check and make sure the editor is still loading, right click on your taskbar and select Task Manager, you should see your CPU usage at or near 100%, and in the list below there should be a few ShaderCompilier threads. If so you just have to let it finish. =)

Hope that helps!

I went to my task bar, went on to task manager, I see my cpu is 100% and IE is 47%. I’ve waited several minutes and still says45%

I have had this issue to.
Although I think this issue is already fixed, just a suggestion for in the future for other people experiencing this problem, it may be windows defender you got to disable.

Disabling windows defender real time protection did it for me! Thank you very much!

Hello.
I have waited for about an hour, and still nothing.
I have checked on taskmanager, no shadercompiler, just a bunch of UE4Game
The CPU is 100%

What to do?

Turning real time protection off worked for me also. Thanks :smiley: