Struggling to package the Matrix City Sample. ERROR: The following files are set to be staged, but contain restricted folder names ("IOS", "Android",

Amateur here.
I’ve tried disabling those plugins because I don’t even need them. I’m just trying to package it for Windows, so why does it bother with all the IOS, Android, and Linux stuff? And are the I tried adding +WhitelistDirectories=CitySample/Content/Foo to the DefaultGame.ini but it seems to not do anything. Am I supposed to replace “Foo” with something?

he other weird thing is that when I first created the project and tried to run it, it said that the target was not found. It was looking for CitySample.target, but mine in that folder was called CitySampleEditor.target. So I renamed it, and tried it again, and it progressed further. But maybe that was a mistake?

Is there like some step-by-step instructions on how to package a sample project like this?

Find the “Config/DefaultGame.ini” files
and paste these at the end.

[Staging]
+RemapDirectories=(From=“Engine/Binaries/Win64/IOS”, To=“Engine/Binaries/Win64/IOS_1”)
+RemapDirectories=(From=“Engine/Binaries/Win64/Android”, To=“Engine/Binaries/Win64/Android_1”)
+RemapDirectories=(From=“Engine/Binaries/Win64/Linux”, To=“Engine/Binaries/Win64/Linux_1”)
+RemapDirectories=(From=“Engine/Binaries/Win64/LinuxArm64”, To=“Engine/Binaries/Win64/LinuxArm64_1”)
+RemapDirectories=(From=“Engine/Plugins/Online/Android”, To=“Engine/Plugins/Online/Android_1”)
+RemapDirectories=(From=“Engine/Plugins/Online/IOS”, To=“Engine/Plugins/Online/IOS_1”)

1 Like

I was only able to package the project using another way of packaging, “Project Laucher”