I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.
- Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
- If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
- Could you provide screen shots of any settings/blueprints that may be involved with this issue?
Sorry for the delay in my answer, but I was doing tests and it was the first one on my list. The project was completely new, the only asset I had was that structure. As for the steps, BenVlodgi did the same thing as me, just adding a struct variable as an any kind of actor then trying to save the structure. Here are screen shots for before and after save :
Strange, that’s what I did, let’s try again.
When you try to add an actor variable to a struct it will automatically change and set and object reference or class reference when you save it.
I can confirm this happens.
By looking at old bug reports of the same problem, I believe this is a bug (link) and not intended behavior.
I was able to reproduce this in my 4.17 project (which has been converted from previous versions of the engine).
- By opening a struct I had
- Setting the new struct variable to one of my BP actors (my
- Then hitting save
- The variable type for what I had to set to be my
Player, then was changed to
I can’t see these images
You should upload them in the text editor here.
I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a a report and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I have provided a link to the public tracker. Please feel free to use the link provided for future updates.
Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-48466)
Make it a great day