Structure with Actor variable

Hello m.vaillancourt,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide screen shots of any settings/blueprints that may be involved with this issue?

Sorry for the delay in my answer, but I was doing tests and it was the first one on my list. The project was completely new, the only asset I had was that structure. As for the steps, BenVlodgi did the same thing as me, just adding a struct variable as an any kind of actor then trying to save the structure. Here are screen shots for before and after save :

Before:

After:

Strange, that’s what I did, let’s try again.

Before :

After:

Thank you

Hello,

When you try to add an actor variable to a struct it will automatically change and set and object reference or class reference when you save it.

Thank you,

I can confirm this happens.

By looking at old bug reports of the same problem, I believe this is a bug (link) and not intended behavior.

I was able to reproduce this in my 4.17 project (which has been converted from previous versions of the engine).

• By opening a struct I had
  • Setting the new struct variable to one of my BP actors (my Player)
  • Then hitting save
  • The variable type for what I had to set to be my Player, then was changed to Object Reference.

I can’t see these images

You should upload them in the text editor here.

Hello m.vaillancourt,

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a a report and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I have provided a link to the public tracker. Please feel free to use the link provided for future updates.

Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-48466)

Make it a great day