Struct Editing in 4.11 causes crash if 'Default Values' are shown

This is occurring on the 4.11 branch as of 1/8/2016.

Editing (or adding a new variable) to a Blueprint Struct with the Default Values view expanded causes a crash of either something related to a Slate text widget not getting a proper size (common UMG crash it seems) or causes one of these much more concerning crashes:

Fatal error: [File:D:\depot\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 139]
Ran out of memory allocating 18446744072564227002 bytes with alignment 0

Full log attached.

I also have a crash video showing this exact problem. You’ll first see that I do a little trick to hide the Default Values category, which lets me change the 2nd struct variable from a Skeletal Mesh type to a Skeletal Mesh Asset ID. When the Default Values category is expanded, doing the same action on the 3rd struct variable causes a crash. I can reproduce this crash on the 2nd variable, as well as any variable, and by adding a new variable, by simply having the Default Values category expanded.

I can’t attach the crash video as it exceeds the 5MB limit. The crash video can instead be downloaded from my dropbox here: Dropbox - StructCrashVideo.avi - Simplify your life

Hello ,

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report (UE-25203) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day