String Table does not load until open and saved

I’m currently having an issue where the game doesn’t load the string tables at all until I go to the location, open the string table, save it. Only then do the string tables actually work. I haven’t found a way to make it work properly.

I’m also having this issue.

I’m also in a bit of a rush because I’m trying to package a game and in the standalone game they just won’t load.

I’m having this issue too. I have a blueprint that references a string table to build out a sequence of models based on each character But when loading a new session of UE4, the blueprint can’t read the string table. It has to be opened and saved each session to fix the issue.

I’m just trying to saturate the problem so hopefully it gets fixed.

I have the same problem. It seems like you don’t actually have to save the string table, though, just opening it in the editor is enough. Still a pain.

edit: fixed my problem, see answer below.

Apparently if you’re using “Find Text in Localization Table”, as I was, it doesn’t load the string table, but if you replace that node with “Make Literal Text” it works. At least it does in PIE, my game is currently crashing if I try to launch in standalone so I can’t test that. Click the little down arrow next to the text box, pick your string table and key and it should work.

Basically, read the accepted answer here.

edit: Oh, that link is mariofunderburk’s answer after he figured it out. Wish I found that question first, now, heh.

I had solved my own issue in an alternate way. Basically I needed to be able to dynamically call a new entry from the stringtable at runtime but that’s impossible with MakeLiteralText. So now I’m using a 1 column data-table and pulling the text from the rows that way.

Data tables and string tables don’t get cooked so don’t forget to force your data tables and string tables to be cooked from the project settings>asset manager.