G’day. Hoping someone might point me in the right direction to help fix this initial hitch on saving.
This issue doesn’t seem to be a problem when starting a new game or early progression saves i.e. saving is fast. It seems the saving hitch gets longer as more game progression is saved. I thought it could be something I’m saving in the world but the fact that only the first save after loading a game causes the hitch, and there is no hitch if you save immediately after that makes me wonder. After checking with Insights it does look like Streaming and FlushAsyncLoading might be the issue, whatever that might mean I hope to find out.
Thanks for any help !
EDIT : Just to add, the level is a single landscape nearly 8k across. The only things set up for streaming are several navmesh bounds.
The image shows what happens after I load the game and then save twice.
- Display Open save menu and save
- Display Streaming / FlushAsyncLoading occurs (A long hitch followed by some object warnings)
- Display Save menu closes (followed by some log)
- Display Open save menu and save (followed by object warnings)
- Display Save menu closes (this time no hitch and no FlushAsyncLoading)