Stream Workspace Integration in the Editor

Connecting to stream workspaces is broken in the UE4 editor.

Here is the error message you get: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

It seems the fix should be simple, (enabling a flag) and would be something similar to this:

Around this spot:

Engine/Source/Programs/P4ChangeReporter/P4Inquiry/P4Inquirer.cs:180

Either way I was wondering what the status of this is, stream workspaces have been around in P4 for a while now and it seems the version of P4API you guys use definitely supports them, so the fix should be nominal. It is frustrating to not be able to use this fantastic core perforce feature and need to handle workspace view management manually for all our views in order to use editor integration. Any hope for getting this configured properly and into one of the next few Epic Editor builds?

If there are any Epic employees on here I would really appreciate someone directing this to Engineering, I’m fairly sure if they knew about this issue they would fix it. Having this fix in would add a good amount of value to the product with almost no work.

Thanks a bunch, love UE4 so far! (minus this issue)

Any chance I could get a response from an Epic Employee / Engineer on this?

Hey Merlin,

I’ll see if I can’t poke some folks about this thread tomorrow morning when I get in, but could I also get you to toss this onto the AnswerHUB bugs section here?:
https://answers.unrealengine.com/spaces/11/bugs-and-crashes.html

Once its there feel free to link it back to this thread. Details for entering a bug there can be found here:

Thank you for bringing this up sir! And very glad to hear you are enjoying using UE4 so far. =)

Thanks for the response , my team and I can’t thank you enough.

I actually already have a ticket there, here’s the link: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/20924/perforce-stream-workspaces-broken.html

I also have linked the ticket back to this thread.

By the way, I love how you guys have producers trawling the Feedback forum’s, that is some serious next level accountability :wink:

Hi all, I’ve updated the AnswerHub post but I thought I would post here too. Support for connecting to stream depots was recently added (last week) and should be present in the next release.

As an addendum, the P4 support for the engine is not inside P4ChangeReporter, it is built inside the PerforceSourceControl plugin at this location:

Engine/Plugins/Developer/PerforceSourceControl/Source/PerforceSourceControl/

Thanks a bunch Tom, that’s fantastic news!

The suggestion on where to start looking was just based on a quick search of the source, forgive me :wink:

Just wanted to confirm that this did not make it into the 4.0.2 release, as the issue still occurs in it.

This appears to be the case as no changes to any of the files in “Engine/Plugins/Developer/PerforceSourceControl/Source/PerforceSourceControl/” showed up on github for 4.0.2.

I guess we wait till 4.0.3 :slight_smile:

Yup, correct it was not in 4.0.2.
It is slated for inclusion in 4.1 (i.e. the next point release), although it should be available through Github before then I imagine.

Is this still in plans to be released with 4.1 next week?

That would be very nice. I expect nice goodies to come in my Easter Basket. :slight_smile:

I believe it is going to be in 4.1, yes.