Strange Trail On Camera Rotation

Hello!

First of all I am new to UE so please don’t be mad at me if my question is too stupid.
Me and my team (5 members) have to create a game for a student project with Unreal Engine.

We already decided the idea and now we are starting to understand how the editor works because is the first time that each one of us is using it.

So we created an empty project, and then imported the Third Person package and after that I (only me) started tweaking some things on the editor just to get used to it. I created a very basic map with the default third person character and some cubes to play with.

But the thing is that when I rotate the camera (with the mouse) of the third person character the character leaves some kind of pixels trail. My thoughts are that is some kind of problem of the rendering because isn’t able to catch up with the rotation velocity of the camera, but I am not sure and I really want to fix it because it looks really bad.

You can see the problem here: https://streamable.com/vv2f02

As I said, I am very new to the engine (we all come from Unity) and I am quite lost for the moment.
Any help will be really appreciated.

Also, excuse me if my english is not good at all (it is not my primary language).

Thanks!

Seems to be the TAA and or motion blur (more likely the motion blur)?

I would try to turn off the motion blur in your post process volume. If its still there maybe try these console commands:

r.TemporalAASamples 4
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight 0.2

Hi!

As you said it was actually the motion blur which has enabled on rendering section of the project settings.
I simply disabled it and the problem was fixed.

Thanks for your answer!