Strange texture distortion on a high-poly character with UDIMS, any fix?

I am a novice when it comes to unreal engine and just virtual production in general, so please excuse any lapses in decorum; thank you in advance. I am currently working on this pumpkin creature for a cinematic project I plan to make, and the process so far has been hassle-free enough. However, after I rigged the character in blender and got it into unreal, there was this strange texture deformation on the model (as shown in the photos). The screenshots were taken in the UE5 beta, but the issue persists across 4.26 as well.

The model is rather high poly (perhaps excessively so, in total it has 161,942 faces and 320,348 tris). I was under the impression that this was the source of the issue, however this issue does not persist in other programs like blender or substance painter. In the examples where the texture is proven to be capable of working, I imported the mesh as a static mesh. I made an attempt to lower the poly count of the rigged model by decimating the model down to 96,000 faces, but the issue still remained at the same volume. I am of the belief that the UDIMS are what are causing the error, as before I started work on this version of the character, I created a less functional version which was composed of different texture sets instead of UDIMS, and it worked without this issue being present. Is there something I am missing (perhaps with the importing of my textures or the enabling of virtual textures?) or would something like the file format (I used .FBX for every instance of the model) cause this effect? Any insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

2 Likes

UPDATE: Fix found

All that is needed to fix the issue is to go into the lod settings, open the build settings tab, and check the “Use Full Precision UV’s” box. This fixed the problem completely

2 Likes

Thanks!
\o/

Thank you for your solution! I’m having the same problem too!