Strange retargeting glitch

Hello, I have a weird glitch that has been occurring on my Advanced Locomotion systems v4 based character that has been occurring since I imported a mixamo animation.
When I start the the editor and PIE my character will be tapping his left foot at a regular pace. If I then open the skeleton, delete one of the added sockets or bones, then play, the problem is fixed. I then go back to the skeleton, paste back in the bone/socket and everything is fixed.
Whatever the problem is, it seems to resolve itself after that, until I close and restart the editor. Any ideas would be appreciated. Haven’t tried out what happens in a build yet.

1 Like

Have you found a solution? I came across the same thing.

Same here, i am now working on finding a solution :frowning:

edit:
found a video with the solution

Unfortunately restarting the engine doesn’t work for me. There’s another solution that fixes the left foot tapping – I believe it was posted by that same dev on YouTube but I haven’t rediscovered it yet.

From ALS Discord:

38mins, here: Integrate Metahuman with ALS (Advanced Locomotion System) Unreal Engine 4 - YouTube

Sounds more like ALSv4 is trying to adjust your foot via IK but glitching out due to a bad bone chain or lack of socket or similar…