Download

Strange problem with actor

I don’t know where to ask this, but before I go crazy hopefully someone here can help. I am having a weird issue with blueprint actors being randomly destroyed from my level. IE:

I have a simple fork object:
Simulate physics=true
Start awake=true
Enable gravity=true
Generate Overlap events off
Collision turned to “PhysicsActor”
Can be damaged=false

If I place a fork a little bit off the ground (about level with pawn’s chest) and play the level, the fork falls properly and fits the ground. After it hits the ground it is destroyed about 75% of the time. On the occasions when it isn’t destroyed by the fall, if I walk on top of it with my pawn it is destroyed. I tried adding a breakpoint on the ondestroy event, but it didn’t give me any hints as to why the actor was being destroyed. The only rationale I can come up with is that there is some bug that is causing my actors to behave as destructable actors even though the settings are off. I started off by using the third person template if that matters. Any ideas?

I discovered a little more about this issue. If I switch to wire view during game play I can actually see the fork fall through the floor about 75% of the time. The other 25% of the time it bounces off of the floor like it should. However, if my pawn walks over it, it will push the fork under the world. I messed with the Walkable Slope settings, but it didn’t help. Anyone know which settings I need to change to prevent this?

Any ideas?

I myself have come across this. I find it happens more the smaller the mesh goes. I believe this is down to the collision of the mesh. Try making your floors thicker or scale the fork up slightly to see if that helps.