Strange error when building Unreal Engine/Editor

Hi guys,

I’m getting an strange error when trying to build the engine. It looks that it can’t create the item ‘UE4Editor-UnrealEd.lib’. Error does’t give much more information and that is why I’m asking for some light here. Also, other lib files build without problem.

2> -------- End Detailed Actions Stats -----------------------------------------------------------
2>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-UnrealEd.lib
2> Cumulative action seconds (4 processors): 0,00 building projects, 1213,24 compiling, 0,00 creating app bundles, 0,00 generating debug info, 0,00 linking, 0,00 other
2> UBT execution time: 793,74 seconds
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command “…..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development” exited with code -1.

I got it with a recently installed VS 2013, so I don’t think it is due to some wrong config as everything is pretty much by default. Also, I’m building the ‘Development Editor’ for ‘Win64’.

Any ideas?? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance,

Hi JoseMartin

Have you downloaded / copies the required dependencies?

Also, are you working on master or 4.1?

Cheers,
Michael

Hi Michael,

Silly me, I downloaded the files for the preview build, not the ones for 4.1, and also didn’t had the DirectX Runtime so I guess one or both of those things were preventing me from building the solution. Now I have both the files for 4.1 and June’s DirectX Runtime and it works!

Thanks,