Strange collision results with Landscape

I have a airplane skeletal mesh in a blueprint. I’ve attached a child actor to a socket on the plane. The child actor is a bomb, a blueprint with a destructible mesh in it. When ever I press the space bar the bomb actor is being detached from the airplane socket, and physics are enabled on the destrictable mesh.

The collision seems to work pretty fine with static meshes on the ground. The collision on the landscape is however completely unpredictable. I’d say it only works 50% of the time, or the bomb will just fall straight through the landscape. I’ve been experimenting with higher Collision Mip Levels on the landscape. The collision seem to work pretty good at all times on level 4 and 5. But the collision is on the other hand far too rough for game play on higher levels. I can fly the plane straight through mountains in some places, and even land the plane several feet below the visible landscape.

I’ve also been experimenting with the Z scale on the landscape. The flatter I set the landscape, the better results I get with collision. Which just leads me to believe that collision in general probably works bad on slopes and steep angles. I don’t know, I’m just guessing here.

I suppose I could solve it by using a line trace in the bomb blueprint, and determine how close it is to the ground at all times instead. But it just feels like a stupid workaround for a pretty basic function such as collision. Does anyone else have similar problems with collision on landscapes?