Strange Camera error from Third person camera

Hey there,

I’m trying to fix this bug because it’s preventing my game from packaging. I have a third person camera added in C++ which didn’t get any errors in 4.9 but does in 4.11

The error is:

LogSceneComponent:Error: Component 'SpringArmComponent /Game/Maps/UEDPIE_0_Traveling_Shark.Traveling_Shark:PersistentLevel.BP_Mercenary_C_0.CameraBoom_TP' has 'CameraComponent /Engine/Transient.TRASH_Default__BP_Base_Character_C_0:FollowCamera_TP' in its AttachChildren array, however, 'CameraComponent /Engine/Transient.TRASH_Default__BP_Base_Character_C_0:Fo llowCamera_TP' believes it is attached to 'SpringArmComponent /Engine/Transient.TRASH_Default__BP_Base_Character_C_0:CameraBoom_TP'

LogSceneComponent:Error: Component 'CapsuleComponent /Game/Maps/UEDPIE_0_Traveling_Shark.Traveling_Shark:PersistentLevel.BP_Mercenary_C_0.CollisionCylinder' has 'SpringArmComponent /Engine/Transient.TRASH_Default__BP_Base_Character_C_0:CameraBoom_TP' in its AttachChildren array, however, 'SpringArmComponent /Engine/Transient.TRASH_Default__BP_Base_Character_ C_0:CameraBoom_TP' believes it is attached to 'CapsuleComponent /Engine/Transient.TRASH_Default__BP_Base_Character_C_0:CollisionCylinder'

The code for it in the .cpp file, where I think all the action is happening is:

CameraBoom_TP = CreateDefaultSubobject<USpringArmComponent>(TEXT("CameraBoom_TP"));
 CameraBoom_TP->AttachTo(RootComponent);
 CameraBoom_TP->TargetArmLength = 212.0f; // The camera follows at this distance behind the character    
 CameraBoom_TP->bUsePawnControlRotation = false; // Rotate the arm based on the controller

// Create a follow camera
 FollowCamera_TP = CreateDefaultSubobject<UCameraComponent>(TEXT("FollowCamera_TP"));
 FollowCamera_TP->AttachTo(CameraBoom_TP, USpringArmComponent::SocketName); // Attach the camera to the end of the boom and let the boom adjust to match the controller orientation
 FollowCamera_TP->bUsePawnControlRotation = false; // Camera does not rotate relative to arm
 FollowCamera_TP->SetRelativeLocation(FVector(0,37,102));

Does anyone have any idea what the error is actually trying to get me to change? Seems like everything is attached as it’s supposed to be.

Thanks!

I don’t see anything wrong in the code. Try setting the root component to something other than the capsule component.