Store default map values in engine.ini for blueprint

Gday All,

I have a set of map default values setup in my AnimBP, I want to set the default values for these maps in engine.ini as I found that I cant insert a mapping into the middle of the map easily within blueprint, the mapping looks like this

but I cannot find any documentation on how to format the code in the ini file, I have tried this (The values in the map above are only there for demonstration of what it should look like as they weren’t populating at all)

Which works fine for the array NewVarArray, but I get nothing for the Loco_F_Upper_0 map, I am guessing I need some key value pairs, but not having any luck guessing what to try :slight_smile:

The first part of the map is made up of a struct which is an int and a Enum joined together, which works beautifully, originally I was using a bool but apparently maps dont like bools in struct so I changed it to an int, also on a side note the bool to int node dosent seem to work it always returns 0, I would of thought it would return 0 for false and 1 or -1 for true but nope always 0 :frowning:

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in Adavance :slight_smile:

The map is technically array of pairs, so format for map looks like this:

VaraibleName=((Key, Value),(Key, Value))

This is officially driving me nuts now, think I might be overtired but this is what I have in my Engine.ini

And this is the error I’m getting, obviously it isnt about parenthesis?

After much trial and error I finally got it working the format is like suggested but need to account for the struct as the Map Key, and all the values need to be in one statement, like this;

Loco_F_Upper=(((InCombat=0, AnimWeaponType=1) , BlendSpace'/Game/AdvancedLocomotionV3/Characters/Mannequin/Animations/Default/Locomotion/ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper.ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper'),((InCombat=0, AnimWeaponType=2) , BlendSpace'/Game/AdvancedLocomotionV3/Characters/Mannequin/Animations/Default/Locomotion/ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper.ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper'),((InCombat=0, AnimWeaponType=4) , BlendSpace'/Game/AdvancedLocomotionV3/Characters/Mannequin/Animations/Ranged/Pistol/BlendSpaces/OC/ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper_OCPistol.ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper_OCPistol'),((InCombat=0, AnimWeaponType=5) , BlendSpace'/Game/AdvancedLocomotionV3/Characters/Mannequin/Animations/Ranged/Rifle/BlendSpaces/OC/ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper_OCRifle.ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper_OCRifle'),((InCombat=0, AnimWeaponType=13) , BlendSpace'/Game/AdvancedLocomotionV3/Characters/Mannequin/Animations/Melee/Axe/Blendspaces/OC/ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper_OCAxe.ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper_OCAxe'),((InCombat=1, AnimWeaponType=1) , BlendSpace'/Game/AdvancedLocomotionV3/Characters/Mannequin/Animations/Default/Locomotion/ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper.ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper'),((InCombat=1, AnimWeaponType=2) , BlendSpace'/Game/AdvancedLocomotionV3/Characters/Mannequin/Animations/Melee/MMA/BlendSpaces/ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper_ICMMA.ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper_ICMMA'),((InCombat=1, AnimWeaponType=4) , BlendSpace'/Game/AdvancedLocomotionV3/Characters/Mannequin/Animations/Ranged/Pistol/BlendSpaces/ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper_Pistol.ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper_Pistol'),((InCombat=1, AnimWeaponType=5) , BlendSpace'/Game/AdvancedLocomotionV3/Characters/Mannequin/Animations/Ranged/Rifle/BlendSpaces/ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper_Rifle.ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper_Rifle'),((InCombat=0, AnimWeaponType=13) , BlendSpace'/Game/AdvancedLocomotionV3/Characters/Mannequin/Animations/Melee/Axe/Blendspaces/ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper_Axe.ALS_N_Locomotion_F_Upper_Axe'))Loco=(InCombat=12, AnimWeaponType=5)

Thank you so much, 4 years from the future. Solved my problems :slight_smile: