Stop Launcher from auto updating engine plugins

In the past, the unreal will show a list of engine plugins to update manually in launcher but I noticed since a couple of weeks ago, all my plugins are updated automatically. There is no way to turn that off.

Today it caused C++ compile build to fail as one plugin was updated and I have an older plugin version in my project.

Any one seeing this same behavior with engine auto updating the plugins? I don’t see an option to turn that off.

I have the exact same issue and haven’t been able to find a setting to disable this as well. As the original poster mentioned it can also prevent you from building your C++ projects if the plugin versions differ.

A workaround would be to delete the plugins from your engines marketplace directory and only have them in the projects plugin folder. But this is far from ideal of course.

I rely on notification to know that there is an updated plugin. This is really a poor design change

Yeah brutal design change hope they correct it. I strongly recommend backing up your plugins and putting them in the project folder and so they are away from the update workflow. I got caught the same way and it invalided a base c+ class just a nightmare so yeah fun times.