Stop Ai Pawn Sensing

So, I got a basic set-up working where pawn sensing is “off” to start and turns on later. I don’t have the rest of the functionality so there is no following behavior BUT the pawn sensing is working as expected. Here is what I did. In the Human AI, I added a “collision sphere” this will serve as the necessary trigger to tell when the Penguin has come close enough to be followed. Also, set the default behavior of the pawn sensing to not see pawns. Do this by clicking on the pawn sensing component, on the right hand side you will see the details panel of all the options, about halfway down is a box that is ticked by default that says “see pawns”. Uncheck this box so default behavior is to NOT see pawns. Then click the sphere collision and use an “on component overlap” node, cast this to the penguin character, if true get the pawn sensing component, drag off from that and say “Set See Pawns”, now check this box to be true. Your AI will now have pawn sensing enabled. Let me know if this will work for you. Sorry for sending you on a run around with the other stuff…didn’t realize the binding issue until just now :confused:

Both of them are not working for me :frowning:

of course, Level BP, Human AI, Player

No worries, I know nothing so thank you for your help! :slight_smile: I am again confused with the bp but I am guessing it is this?

You got the collision sphere right, but not the right node. It is a red labeled execution node you are looking for. Click on the sphere component in the BP on the left hand components tab, once it is selected the right side details panel will change, scroll down to the bottom until you see a bunch of green buttons, on of those will say “on component begin overlap” that is what you are looking for, click on that and it will auto create the node for you. Use that to follow the above directions.

What should I plug into the target? I used the pawn sensing and the Ai rotated to the player

I made the sphere big and it moves to the player if I am standing in the Sphere but when I walk out of the sphere the AI stops following :frowning:

Sorry for being too needy but it works perfectly! Thank you sooo much! :slight_smile:

You don’t need the boolean value with this method.

No problem. Just glad we finally got it figured out :slight_smile: I was worried this post was gonna get too long, only having to page down 5 times isn’t bad right? haha

thanks to you! haha nope it is not bad! :slight_smile:

It is horrible being where I am haha, YouTube tutorials are great! you should definitely do some especially when you know a lot :slight_smile:

Yea I know, I take full credit for the length of this post…ha It’s all good though, I remember being where you were. I was thinking of making some YouTube tutorials for people that have 0 coding experience (like me), (or at least 0 BP experience), since that’s how I started I get the struggles. Hopefully that will cut down on the length of posts :slight_smile:

It took me like 8-9 months before I stopped having to YouTube “How to make/do/fix X” for every game mechanic i wanted. In the beginning that’s how it is, you have to look everything up, “make health bar” and “recharge health bar” are 2 separate tutorials haha then you figure out how the engine and your script are actually manipulating the variables, and what the nodes are doing behind the scenes and you end up being able to branch out past what was done in the tutorials and create your own novel behavior. Just keep at it you will get better and I will let you know if I ever put out some tutorials :slight_smile:

That is quite quick to learn BP and definitely let me know and I will subscribe! Thank you for the help :slight_smile:

I started making some tutorials, if you need help with something else let me know I can make you a custom tutorial if I know how to do whatever. Here is one for overlap events if you ever have trouble with that haha

That is great! I will have a look at them