Stop a delay node

So I have a widget where after pressing a button it plays a delay node and after 8 seconds the button disappears. The problem is there that I have a back button and I want it when the back button is pressed to stop the delay node and not proceed with the removal of the button. Of course, if you have an alternative to a delay node whit which I can do the delay stop id appreciate it. If you need any further info just ask me. Thanks in advance

How about this…

Make a new function that causes the button to disappear. In the main blueprint graph, make a set timer by function name and put in the name of the function. Save the function handle as a variable so you can play with it later. Set the timer on the set timer by function node to 8 seconds. When you want to cancel the function event, plug the function handle variable into a clear and invalidate timer by handle node.

2 Likes

I do find this very useful but the thing is there that I have like 20 buttons like this and… is there any way to do it without making 20 new functions?

That’s why you do not use native buttons as-is. You wrap them in user widgets and then use them as the actual buttons. This is User Widget with just a button:

Think of this as of a smart button that has more functionality. If you ever want to change the buttons in the project to be green, you do not need to visit 28 different places. You make one change here, or expose variables and adjust those.

There’s a tut as of 3h ago:

1 Like