Still getting REINST errors in blueprints in 4.8

Whenever I update or add a variable to a child widget in GUICrafting Grid I get a REINST error on it in another blueprint that uses this widget.

Here’s the blueprint that uses this widget: the highlighted variable unconnects and can’t be reconnected to anything until I recompile GUICrafting Grid manually.

Hello ,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps in order to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. I don’t see any errors present in your screen shot, are you certain that this is the same issue that you experienced previously?

If you mouse over the GUICrafting Grid variable from the target there, the tooltip says “REINS” and then some other info. Will try to screen cap it when it happens again.

I’m sorry, I don’t have time to try and repro in a new project right now but I will try that when I can as well as providing you a list of the steps.

here’s what it says:

49720-untitled-1.jpg

Hello ,

I thought I would check in and see if you had made any progress with being able to reproduce this issue in a clean project. If you have, could you provide your results and/or steps to reproduce this issue?

Hi Rudy thanks for checking in, I haven’t had time to try to repro this in a clean project, I’m the only one working on this project so I haven’t been able to spend the time on that yet.

I DID discover something though, I force-refreshed ALL blueprint nodes in the offending BP’s and have not had this issue since. This was a project that was upgraded from 4.7 to 4.8 so I wonder if there’s some benefit to refreshing all nodes when the project is migrated.

Hello ,

I am happy to hear that your issue has been resolved. I am going to mark your comment as an answer for now. However, if the issue returns please feel free to reopen this issue with any additional information that you have. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day