Stereo CubeMap Importer

Just added a link to the original post for 4.11.

Great! Tahnk you!!

I am using it on the Gear VR and looks perfectly sharp without changing the default values (using 18432x1536px). On the other heand I am experiencing something weird:

I place an 3d actor at the scene with the stereo pano as cubemap, and when I look around the 3d object seems to move slightly compared with the backgoud. Does it happen to you too guys?

Do you think it may be because of a different interpupilar distance between the 3ds max render and the UE4. Can it be adjusted in the engine?

Cheers!

Edit: I workaround it placing the object very far form camera (from 30 meters on) and making them bigger. That reduces significantly the hovering but is pretty unconvenient for the scene. Any other ideas?

I cannot test right now but could this be used to import a huge scenery made with vray and adding buildings rendered in unreal. It’s for architecture viz. Making it 100% unreal forces us to make too many sacrifices. But If I could make a landscape in vray and my buildings in ue4 and have them both look like they we’re made in 1 piece. That would be sick!

I’ve successfully imported the church on the water VR vray cubemap from here : https://labs.chaosgroup.com/index.php/portfolio/guide-to-virtual-reality-2/.
Cool plugin man thanks alot for sharing it for free!

Quick question. The stereoscopic material created works perfectly ‘‘out of the box’’ on my htc vive… Some people here are saying it’s good with GearVR. Is it safe to assume that it will work pretty much with any VR device?

UE4 works (officially) only with Vive, Rift, Gear VR and perhaps PSVR. What other devices do you have in mind?

Works perfectly! Thanks for sharing the plugin! Kudos to you Opamp77!!

thanks so much for this plugin. works a charm.
edit: I’m testing on the GearVR -> works fine

Pushing this a bit further. Is it possible to put an animated texture there , in stead of a static png ? Let’s say I want some animations in the background, would it be possible to throw a wmv or mov onto the skybox.
This will obviously have serious consequences , cause the stereo image has to “follow” the user around to keep its 3D stereo effect.

I’m probably pushing this too hard.

Any chance to get this compiled for the 4.12 engine version ?

Problem exporting - Unknown Cook Failure

Hi, having problem exporting. Getting same message error as Frederick.
Any solution to this?
Thanks a lot

Now with the 4.13 UMG plugin for Widget Interaction, this thing would be a real treat if it was made compatible with it!

I too wish to know this works D:

Hi, can you explain the above a bit more. I have tried to use the Transform Vector Node but in my case it just completely jumbles the cubemap layout. The left image appears at the bottom etc. Sorry for resurrecting an old thread btw.

So this all seems to be done on windows, anyone aware of a way to save to .dds for UE4 from Mac OS…!? I’ve tried plenty but the .dds options are never right… NVIDIA etc, all for PC

I did a quick fork with crude fixes to make this compile under 4.15: https://github.com/mbazaczek/StereoCubeMapImporter

Very cool plugin to work with for archviz!

Great! Thank you for sharing your effort, this is very useful for me. Unfortunately I don’t compile the engine, so is there any possibility to post the precompile windows binaries for the launcher version? (4.15 too)
I am not really skilful compiling the engine…

Whether it is possible or not, thanks a lot!

Does this work for anyone?
It says to copy the folder into you “project’s” /Plugins folder… I was under the impression that plugins went into the engine’s plugin folder.
Either way I get errors telling me that stuffs missing.

NEVERMIND… I’m dumb.

Is this plugin obsolete ?

Looks like there is something similar in the stock UE4 already https://api.unrealengine.com/INT/Platforms/VR/StereoPanoramicCapture/QuickStart/CreatingViewerMaterial/index.html