Steam - Valve banned our game because used Unreal Marketplace Maps

Hello
Steam - Valve banned our Game because of bought Maps at Marketplacr and used in the Game

Lost 100$ App credit want refund not get it back.

Hello,

While we strive to ship most titles submitted to us, we cannot ship games for which the developer does not have all of the necessary rights.

After review, we have identified intellectual property in ***** which belongs to Valve Corporation.

Given the extensive nature of third-party content in *****, we will not be able to ship ***** on Steam. This app has been banned and cannot be reused.

Best,

Nadine

Thid bought from Unreal Marketplace wss used:

Its not our fault
Designers wrote no copyright problems with these maps.

Lost 100$ App credit want refund not get it back.

Regards

Some of those maps looks exactly like CS(Counter-Strike) maps I assume the copy right is on that.
Train Yard looks like De_Train
FPS map - eastern city and props in Environments looks like De_Dust2

One might ask themselves how the Marketplace reviewers at Epic missed that …

Either way, the first option is:
The reviewer who reviewed the marketplace asset didn’t play one of the CS series.

Second option:
The review didn’t care that the assets were arranged the same as the CS Series maps.
Valve care that your maps are arranged the same as the CS Series maps.

1 Like

But his quote states that Valve “have identified intellectual property in ***** which belongs to Valve Corporation”.

According to the Marketplace rules, sellers need to own the rights to their product to be allowed to sell them on the Marketplace.

1 Like

Yes, it’s likely that the seller is a bad actor.

My concern was that the reviewers at EPIC should have known better than to let it through.

I’ve done a lot of UGC support in previous lives, and the reviewer teams very quickly build up lists of popular assets to steal. Turns out, thieves aren’t particularly creative – that being why they go to asset thievery instead of making their own.

It really is incumbent on the marketplace to have good review, because the buyer can’t be burdened to have to do an IP search, and the sellers can’t be trusted (even if 98% of all sellers are legitimate.)

Btw, Splice has this problem too; many sound/sample packs claim to be original but clearly aren’t. They also need to improve their content review.

Thank you @all

You know where can contact anyone at Unreal Marketplace or Epic Games for that.

Because everywhere i tryed get you have no access or get answer you need write to there and there but then get same answer.

So no support for such problems ?

Thanks

GREAT ANSWER THUMBS DOWN from SUPPORT:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Unreal Engine Marketplace Support.

Our policy states that refunds can only be issued if the product does not function as advertised. These products have been tested and confirmed to function as described. We encourage you to contact the seller directly, as any exceptions to this policy are at their discretion. Please find the seller’s contact information below.

Mixaill3d@gmail.com

If the seller chooses to approve a refund, they can contact us at marketplace-support@unrealengine.com and we will be glad to process it.

Thanks,
Unreal Engine Marketplace

Even the pool map looks exactly like the map i have played years ago in cs 1.6. That guys who sale those map is a total scam and garbage.