- ue 4.26 or 4.26.1
- Create new Project (any template, I have tried multiple types)
- Add to .ini (have tried multiple versions of this, e.g. bEnabled=true/false,etc.):
[/Script/Engine.GameEngine] +NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver") [OnlineSubsystem] DefaultPlatformService=Steam [OnlineSubsystemSteam] bEnabled=false SteamDevAppId=480 SteamAppId=480 bVACEnabled=000000 [/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver] NetConnectionClassName="OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetConnection"
- Add Steam Online Subsystem plugins to project
- At this point, it seems like its supposed to work for other people in more recent videos and instructions but I get a:
LogPlayLevel: Warning: LogOnline: Warning: OSS: TryLoadSubsystemAndSetDefault: LoadSubsystemModule([Steam]) failed
- I have also tried adding in the .dll files from my steam folder to the appropriate folders, although recent videos I’ve seen do not show this step. Doesn’t seem to make any difference in 4.26
I have gotten Steam to work before in the past using 4.24. Trying the same steps in 4.24 now gives this same error.
It seems like 4.25 still (same as last time I tried) freezes up with Steam added.
What am I missing?
I feel like I always waste so much time figuring out how to get Steam to work lol