I’m following through this tutorial series for setting up a multiplayer game, and right where I linked the video I’m experiencing issues. In this video, he says if I run a standalone version, or right click the project file and choose “Launch Game” that it will actually show the steam overlay.
I know that the video is for an older version, so I went digging.
I found this answer in this forum post that I tried and adding this to the engine didn’t work.
- I have enabled Online Subsystem Steam plugin
- I have updated my DefaultEngine.ini file for the project
- I have tried with and without the added extra line from the answer in the other forum post.
I have tried:
- Standalone launcher from the series
- Right click and launch game from the project folder
- from CMD, launching the ue4editor, project, and the -game tag.
All 3 launched the game, but overlay was not involved.