Steam multiplayer doesn't work on my PC anymore

I haven’t been able to join sessions via steam for about a month now. I thought that it was because of updating my project to 4.14 from 4.13, but now realize I have the same problem with the 4.13 version I have not modified since it was working. Further, I was able to have someone else test using his PCs, and both versions are working for him. I have come to the conclusion that some interaction of Unreal and my PC has changed and prevent Steam multiplayer for working for me. I am at a complete loss of how to fix this. Some change must have occurred near the end of October.

I did further testing. I have two PCs in my house, a laptop and a desktop. People outside my home can connect to each other. They can also connect to my laptop, but not my desktop. My desktop cannot connect to anything. There is no difference hosting vs joining.

Hey BlackRang666,

Is there a possibility of a firewall or antivirus program interfering? That’s the first thing that comes to mind when something like this occurs.

I have windows firewall and MalwareBytes, but I also have those on the laptop. Did more tests. My laptop can see a LAN server hosted on my PC, but it times out if it try to join it. The time frame multiplayer stopped working for me fits with when I installed PeerBlock, but I uninstalled it and nothing has changed.

I also ran commands to reset my winsock and ipconfigs. I uninstalled and reinstalled network adapter drivers. I made sure my Hosts file was clean. Still not working.

Hey BlackRang666,

Thank you for submitting a bug report, however after further investigation, we believe that the issue you are describing is not actually a bug with the Unreal Engine, and so we are not able to take any further action on this. If you still believe this may be a bug, please provide steps for us to reproduce the issue, and we will continue our investigation.

Thanks

Can you move this to a different section?

Sure thing, I’ll move it now.

Not resolved. Please do not mark as resolved.

Thought I would update this in case somebody else landed here. I ultimately formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows. Nothing short of that fixed the problem.