I recently updated to UE4.24 and having massive issues with the Steam Integration and Dedicated Servers. The project and dedicated servers where running perfectly fine in older engine versions (unfortunatly I have spent so much work in the last 2 weeks within UE4.24 that reverting back to an old Engine version is not possible).
If I launch the game as a client (standalone) the steam integration works perfectly fine. When I build the Dedicated Server the below Log is printed where it states that ***Steam Dedicated Server API failed to initialize. ***The Server is not listed and cannot be found, if I launch with the -NOSTEAM command it obviously failes to create a session.
So here is the question - What changed from UE 4.22 to 4.24 to massivly destroy the Steam Integration for dedicated servers?
I have tried many different DefaultEngine setups (all you can find on google and in the documentation) as well as for the Server Target file. There seams currently no way to launch a Dedicated Server with the currently given informations.
How can I fix this?
[2020.03.03-15.22.31:699] 0]LogOnline: OSS: Creating online subsystem instance for: Steam [2020.03.03-15.22.31:701] 0]LogSteamShared: Warning: Steam Dedicated Server API failed to initialize. [2020.03.03-15.22.31:702] 0]LogOnline: STEAM: [AppId: 0] Game Server API initialized 0 [2020.03.03-15.22.31:703] 0]LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Failed to initialize Steam, this could be due to a Steam server and client running on the same machine. Try running with -NOSTEAM on the cmdline to disable. [2020.03.03-15.22.31:704] 0]LogOnline: Display: STEAM: OnlineSubsystemSteam::Shutdown() [2020.03.03-15.22.31:705] 0]LogOnline: Warning: STEAM: Steam API failed to initialize! [2020.03.03-15.22.31:705] 0]LogOnline: Display: STEAM: OnlineSubsystemSteam::Shutdown()
DefaultEngine (I changed the AppID to SpaceWar just for this example):
[OnlineSubsystem] PollingIntervalInMs=20 DefaultPlatformService=Steam VoiceNotificationDelta=0.2 [/Script/Engine.Engine] !NetDriverDefinitions=ClearArray +NetDriverDefinitions=(DefName="GameNetDriver",DriverClassName="OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver",DriverClassNameFallback="OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver") [/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver] NetServerMaxTickRate=60 MaxClientRate=15000 MaxInternetClientRate=10000 [OnlineSubsystemSteam] bEnabled=true SteamDevAppId=480 SteamAppId=480 GameServerQueryPort=27015 bRelaunchInSteam=false GameVersion=126.96.36.199 bVACEnabled=1 bAllowP2PPacketRelay=true bUsesPresence=false P2PConnectionTimeout=90 Achievement_0_Id= [/Script/OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetDriver] NetConnectionClassName="OnlineSubsystemSteam.SteamNetConnection"