Steam input and gamepads

How do I get gamepads registered in steam to work in unreal? I read that since 4.21 there is a steamvr input subsystem which requires a json action manifest to handle input to action bindings. But what about non steamvr games and gamepads. I have the steam controller plugin enabled and no matter how I configure my ps4 controller in steam it never passes inputs into the game.

To use PS4 contoller with UE4 game, you need to map its keys.

Thanks, answer was in the link. Had to enable the “Windows Raw Plugin”

Hi! This is happening exactly the same with my game in steam. The gamepad in my pc works fine with the game but other users can’t use their gamepads. Is this the same problem? Can you please explain exactly how to solve it? Thanks!!!

Hi! Sorry for this comment after so long but I don’t know how to do.

I’ve made my UE4 game for PC and published on steam and I used a PC partition on a MAC playing with a PS4 controller. On UE4 I’ve configurated the gamepad and keyboard controller options. When I’ve launched it and played on Steam the PS4 gamepad works for me. Do it will work for the rest of the users? Can they use gamepads? Or Do I have to configurate something else?

Thanks!!

It might be due to the Project Build issue, if nothing from the Answer above helped.