Static Meshes, foliage, dissappearing after being packaged

When I tried to package my demo in order to see how it handled with multiple people playing at the same time, I noticed all of my trees had magically disappeared, along with a few static mesh boxes. Anyone had this or a similar issue before? Really confused, as there doesn’t seem to be anything differentiating these assets from each other. (haven’t tried recompiling this on .10 yet though…)

Playing in-editor:

Packaged 64bit version:

Hello BlueySan,

Would you happen to have some steps for me to follow so I can reproduce this issue on my end?

More specifically, what are the packaging settings you set for this project you are experiencing issues?

Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

For some reason I haven’t been able to open the map back up since restarting my PC and opening the project through the epic launcher on the same engine version.

The build settings were “Windows 64-bit” and “Development” with close to default project settings. Since I’ve been unable to recover the map and ended up deleting it and make a new one I haven’t had the issue again, but I have yet to start messing with trees and foliage on the new one yet, so I’m unsure if that was related to the issue.

Sounds like a corrupted map or something along those lines. In any case, let me know if you come across the bug again so we can figure out what is going on and get a bug entered for the issue.

Thanks,

I’m also having this problem. Though re-importing the static mesh does fix it. I was able to dive a little deeper and make the problem come back after I fixed it.

I found if you change the import transforms such as add a -90 degree rotation and change in the uniform scale such as 0.8 and then re-import the asset to take the change. It will break on again on packaging. Hope that helps in figuring out this bug.

Could you provide me with some simple step by step instructions, as well as some accompanying screenshots so I can visualize and reproduce this issue on my end?

Thanks,

The same problem with megascan plants. When I change the material to another (just gray, for example), the geometry is displayed

upd. I realized that the problem is in the material from the quixel bridge, after importing an error virtual texture