Static mesh - forward direction on spline?

Hello,

I’m trying to make actors (spaceships) follow paths (using the Path Follow plugin available on Unreal Marketplace), but I can’t get them to move in the right direction. Is there a way to fix this without editing the mesh? Is that even possible in the Unreal editor?

Hope anyone can help me with this, it’s driving me crazy!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

/A

Never used the plugin, but there are a lot of ways to create a custom path following system with splines.

If you are moving a space ship I would suggest you follow and modify this tutorial.

Apply what you learn of how it works by removing the nonsense with the timeline - which will obviously never work in space distances due to floating point precision - and converting the system to use the tick event.

Memorize the value of Speed x delta time
plus the previous value of the same variable, and you get a float that contains a diatance over time…

Apply that based on the spline lenght.
Meaning from 0 to the length you are going one way.
if you reach the lenght you probably reverse, reset the distance, and go spline length - distance to get the opposite effect.

It’s a decent 15minute custom system that just follows whater spline you create at a customizable speed. At the cost of each ship being powered on tick ofc.