static and movable texture

I’m a archviz artist and I have a problem with the colors/ texture of the movable objects in my scene as they appear so bright and not realistic. I need to set the mobility to movable for doors and panels so they can be interactable. any solution to this problem ? Thank you so much

Normally I’d say: Yes, annoying but if you mix static and non-static lighting thats how it works. But if you can try out the new UE5 with Lumen you may can achieve better results while combining static and moveable stuff in your scene?

1 Like

thanks for your answer man . actually I achieved what I want in ue4.27, but there’s a new problem . I have a multiple level ( 1 for main house, + 4 more levels for foliage ) . everytime I add the other level to the main level, the movable object turns back to its weird texture behavior . please refer to the door in this images.

Strange behavior. I guess you have everything inside your Persistent Level and you just add the grass3 level that contains only foliage + mesh to spawn it on? Looks like there may be a light source inside the grass3. Or where do these 506 unbuilt objects come from? If you enter DumpUnbuiltLightInteractions into the console you get a list of objects that need light baking and a list of light sources that need to be baked.

And how did you solve the door problem? I don’t understand how only the door gets ‘unbaked’ again? Was it baked before, even though it is moveable?

my main level has the house and objects . the door is movable so I need to increase volumetric detail cell so that the movable object would appear like static object even if you move them . I also have another level for grass . I baked them using the same sky light in my main level ( copied ) the problem is that when I add the grass level to my persistent level, the textures of the movable objects in my main level turns bright again . here is the example

Ah, Detail Cell Size. I may take a look at that later :slight_smile: Thanks.

If you made a Copy of your Lights+stuff and used it inside your grass3 level, it will affect all the other levels too after enabling / loading that level. And you would have twice the amount of light sources inside your level? Am I right there?

What you could try is working with Lighting scenarios. These are levels that you can turn on / off and solely use them for light baking. Move all your light setup into a new lighting scenario layer, enable grass + house and bake the light. Now the lighting scenario should contain all the lightbake data you need. You even can use a second lighting scenario to bake the whole light without the grass, so there would be no strange shadows on the floor if the grass isn’t loaded.

I really hope I’ve got your problem right here :smiley:

so it doubles the intensity . what am I going to do hahaha. I can’t bake too much grass at once . that’s why I created levels

Ah, a workaround for light baking? Ok, … thats something different. Never had to solve such a problem. Can you bake the light on your grass + delete the lights afterwards :smiley: ?

Oh boy, there may is a proper solution for that, but I’m afraid I can’t help you there …

it’s ok sir . thank you for your suggestions . I’ll spend more time here at community . really helpful :slight_smile: have a wonderful day sir

Hey friend, how did you solve the door levels problem?

A) use lumen in unreal 5 that has dynamic global illumination.

B) use a seperate material instance and tweak the brightness for the dynamic door so it looks the same as the static door.

C) the movable door might have an option called something like ‘render as static’ depending on your engine version.