Startup Movies Not Working - 4.5

Yeah I’ve still got problem in 4.6 as well :frowning:

It’s sad times with no startup movies D:

well , Thats just wired -___- Im gonna convert my mp4 codec i’ll post results in few hours.

ok awesome, I look forward to hearing if you’re able to get it working because startup movie thing is so annoying

I have converted video from H.264(AVC) to MPEG-4 DiveX/xVid Compatible with [AVS Video Converter][1]. This time it will play but after 2 secs jump to game! ( Like yours). There must be something that force it to do that.
Also One of this times I got this error!

][2]

I tried on a couple of machines weaker than my main one and they played intro videos for longer so I can only hazard a guess that it seems to be playing level once it’s finished loading it even though I have it ticked to finish videos even if level is loaded in editor settings.

problem seems to be that tick box for waiting for movies to finish before starting just doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do.

Is there any code for this option that we can access it ?

Howdy Captain and Kayhan,

Thank you both for your updates on this issue. I have just be testing issue on 4.7 preview release of UE4 and have not seen error occurring anymore. I was caution you though as to when you are prompted with question of converting your project in place or opening a copy of your project, i always open a copy so that my main project will not be corrupted.

preview build was playing full length video that Captain has provided previously. Be sure to let me know if this helps with your issue.

(I tested this by packaging a project for Windows (64-bit) in 4.7 preview build)

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi !
So this was really a bug and it is fixed in 4.7? And do we have access to this preview build!?

I am not saying that issue is entirely fixed but i have seen no errors with video i have been using (one that was shared by Captain above). It as a bug that I placed into our database. Currently that bug is still open.

preview build for 4.7 is live and you can find it by going into your Library, via launcher, click on the ‘Add Engine +’ button at top and install preview build. This is 4.7 preview.

Let me know if you have any more issues.

Hi , Is there any updates with this issue?

Howdy ,

I has just checked on status of this bug report and issue has since been resolved and closed out. fix was implemented in 4.7 release build. Are you seeing this error in a recent build of UE4, and is so, what build would you be seeing this in?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hey Captain!

If you set your video resolution to 1280x720 ,video will show up and work in standalone and launched ones.
I have checked it with 4.8 preview build , 1920x1080 did not play as was not in other version , but after i have changed resolution to 1280x720 , It worked pretty well.
I found answer from

by way!
good luck!

Hi , I’m also receiving this bug using 4.9.2 and every version that I can remember. video will play, but once you package a game, it plays for 1-2 seconds and goes on loading level

I created a new thread here:
[Packaged Game Movie Issue][1]

Startup Movie immediately cuts off on a packaged game - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums

Hi ,

We will address issue you’re seeing in your other post. Please stop reopening older posts. Thank you.

Still stops playing in couple of seconds… 720 25fps mp4 format, h264 encoded also at 60fps version as told in documentation. 1080p does not work (Is known and documented). But still, does not work, nearly a year later.

If checkbox “wait till complete” is not checked video stops in couple of seconds,

if checkbox is checked, game game does load further after a couple of seconds… so loading time comes after video’s…

Any news, fix or workaround known?

Kind regards

Still stops playing in couple of seconds… 720 25fps mp4 format, h264 encoded also at 60fps version as told in documentation. 1080p does not work (Is known and documented). But still, does not work, nearly a year later.

If checkbox “wait till complete” is not checked video stops in couple of seconds,

if checkbox is checked, game game does load further after a couple of seconds… so loading time comes after video’s…

Any news, fix or workaround known?

Kind regards

UE-4666 has been closed as resolved, it was released with 4.7. If you notice you’re having trouble with your video, you may want to go ahead and submit a new AnswerHub thread.

Thanks!