Starting recording on Live Link Face app doesn't start Take Recorder recording

My coworkers and I are trying to set up a character utilising the Live Link Face app on iPhone X for facial animation. We’re currently setting up an animation blueprint to match up the actor and character movements. This documentation page says that: If you are connected through Live Link to any instances of Unreal Engine at the time you start recording from the Live Link Face app or through the OSC interface, you will also launch the Take Recorder on all connected instances of Unreal Engine. Your animation performances will be recorded both on your iPhone and in the Take Recorder on your computer.

This suggests that when we hit record on the app, the take recorder should open and start recording at the same time, however this doesn’t happen. I’m working on the animation blueprint remotely, so I guess I’d need the live link data in the Take Recorder slate and the the video from the app to match up nice and tight for this to work. We’ve Googled and watched various videos about setting up the app etc, but so far nothing has done the trick. It also doesn’t seem to work in the Face AR Demo that Epic provides, so I’m betting we didn’t just misconfigure it. Are we missing something? Thanks.

I have the same problem. Testing with the Face AR demo. First error I had was the editor not updating and the tick box wouldn’t stay ticked. This video link helps:

So the face is moving in the editor but I cannot get anything to actually record except on the iPad. I hit record on iPad and Take Recorder does NOT record like the docs say it should. And if I record using take recorder then it make takes but there is nothing in them and I cannot play anything back. Did you get it working in the end?
The instructions also mention offline recording on iPhone/iPad but does not discuss how to implement that. Sure there is a video file but how does that drive the ARFace kit back in UE?