Starting Loot for New Players

Hey All,

I’m trying to set the starting loot for new players. Anyone know how to accomplish this? I couldn’t find anything inside the PlayerPawns in the Inventory section for this. Been poking around for a bit trying to figure it out myself, but I’m hoping someone just knows off the top of their head and can help me.

Thank you

I can’t post a screenshot, currently, as my DevKit just crashed… again. For some stupid reason every PrimalGameData causes crashes when opening it or loading it into memory from right clicks due to random corruption, and it’s only been happening since they spammed updates at us for that week…

Anyway, Default Inventory Items seems to have what you want. In your DevKit, the only way to access it is to open PlayerPawnTest, NOT a gender child of it("_male/_female"), the base BP for pawns is what you want. The childs don’t allow you to read from the inventory component.

I don’t know for certain if that’s the one you need, but it’s the first thing that came to mind, as I’d seen that part of the BP before.

Also, ignore Cheat Inventory, that only works in the ADK from what I’ve read.

-WM

Mine does that too. It’s so frustrating. I’ve had to validate like 8 times in the past week alone.

That must have been where I was looking last night, because I’ve only got a few options and they’re not for a loot set or any inventory items. It’s stuff like default weapon, map, etc. in the playerpawn and both child objects.

You don’t see any of this in PlayerPawnTest?

-WM

I do see that. I’m a noob, I didn’t know it was under components. Thanks :slight_smile: