Starting a game

Hey everyone, I’m Dexter,
So I am new to UE4 and I’ve been watching tutorials everyday to understand the tools but I cannot seem to find what I need towards a project, I would like to create a mario party style game, but I have 0% Idea in where to start, I don’t fully understand world building just yet, so I’d like to know if I can some suggestions, some tips, any videos that can help, any articles, anything, I understand that this game will take a lot of time and dedication, which are both things that I currently have, I would greatly appreciate some help, please, I have no idea where to start, I have so many questions and I can’t find the answers :frowning:

Thanks in Advance,

Dexter

Hi Dexter,

If you are new, I would suggest going through this tutorial series that will teach you the basics of all the different UE4 systems - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSlkDq2rO1t7eEyfF8eiTsGGGtFOBz1vb

Then I would start with the Thirdperson template from Epic and start adding features for your game. Try to build a prototype of the functionality first - dont worry about the art or levels.

As far as Mario Party, they are basically a bunch of mini-games, so tackle each mini-game as its own game tied to an overworld.